Appachan


My grandfather died when I was 8,
I was too little to understand what death was when I lost him, but as I grew older I understood it's not easy for me to accept his death , because those memories I have of him will never die.
Going to my grandparents house was the best part of my vacation.
Every summer Kerala became my destination, I would go there every vacation and find it new everytime .

Sitting in the varanda and watching the rain and sipping tea along with my grandparents were priceless.
My ammachi used to give me extra snacks while everyone got one.
Hours of conversation about how my mother was when she was young, how I was when I was a baby were all my favourite things to hear .

Appacha and ammachi were my favourites.
sometimes I felt appacha loved me more because he used to carry me around, I was a part of his evening walks to gopalans kada and every roadside conversations he had with the others in the village . But it's later I understood both of them love me equally and women seldom go out in the evenings in that village.
Appacha had his occasional visits to the nearby town and when he came back he would get me a packet of       "unniappam "and that was my favourite snack .

I used to run to him everytime my mom yelled at me , because my mom listened to my appacha .Now I have nobody to run to when mom yells at me .

Memories of him were mere photographers, now memories of him are my favorite poem . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The forbidden word.

4am