Tales of a social worker - part 1

Coming from a family where my ancestors were teachers, I couldn't deny the fact that my blood somewhere boils to become a teacher.
But nobody taught me, what exactly  is a responsibility of a teacher .
Is it to look into a book and teach them what is written there? Is it  to teach them how to live in a society? Or  do we teach them how to live their dreams?
I really didn't know!
I really don't know ,what it's like to be a teacher.
As a part of my field work, I was told to teach 1st standard kids  poems written in their text  book.
I looked at those tiny tots who were so lost in colouring their dreams .
I had no other go but to disturb them, and teach them what the book said.
little do I know whether the kids  want it.
I started asking them their names, I could sense excitement , then they sang rhymes they knew byheart .
I didn't know what exactly to do.
For instance I thought I was a bad teacher and I shouldn't let my blood boil any more for the profession teaching.
Then I made up my mind and thought I should do some activity, so I decided to teach them the parts of the body by making my own song .
The kids began to move out of their places and dance to that song.
I'm pretty sure my kids enjoyed though we had barriers like communication.
Today , I went back to them  and their class teacher said " you really don't know how to control the kids so you will not be permitted  to teach the kids any further."
I don't know if I'm a good teacher or a bad teacher but I definitely believe in a skill called teaching.
Teaching is a wonderful skill, not everyone can spread knowledge to everyone around .
Be an open person a person willing to learn as well as teach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The forbidden word.

4am